Precedence Go offers you entry to 1,300+ lounges across the globe. Whereas most of those are conventional airport lounges, we’ve additionally seen some distinctive ideas launched, starting from airport eating places to airport spas. We’ve simply seen a brand new idea added to the portfolio, within the type of an airport gymnasium.
ROAM Health Baltimore Airport joins Precedence Go
ROAM Health at Baltimore Airport (BWI) has simply joined Precedence Go:
- It’s open from 6AM till 6PM day by day, besides Saturdays, when it’s closed
- Precedence Go will get you entry to all options of the power for a calendar day, and it additionally features a mixture of drinks, snacks, or related merchandise from a set listing, which you’ll find on the entrance desk
- It’s situated subsequent to gate D1, although it’s additionally out there to passengers departing from totally different concourses
- A go to consists of complimentary rental exercise gear from lululemon, Brooks trainers, lockers with charging ports, and showers with Malin+Goetz toiletries
- Precedence Go members can solely carry one visitor with them as a part of their guesting allowance
- Presumably this might be thought-about a Precedence Go expertise, which means those that have a Precedence Go membership via the Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card (evaluation) might use this, whereas those that have a membership via The Platinum Card® from American Specific (evaluation) or Capital One Enterprise X Rewards Credit score Card (evaluation) couldn’t use this
What are ROAM Health airport gyms?
Only for context, I first wrote about ROAM Health again in 2017. Thus far Baltimore is the primary airport to get certainly one of these services, although there’s an additional one coming to Philadelphia within the coming months.
ROAM Health Baltimore is 1,175 sq. ft, and affords cardio tools, stretching area, free weights, medication balls, stability balls, a TRX system, and yoga props. For what it’s price, ROAM Health ordinarily expenses $25 for a day go, which appears cheap when you think about that it additionally consists of showers.
It is a fairly cool idea, since there aren’t many alternatives to train at airports (effectively, apart from getting in steps by simply strolling the terminal). Personally I’m a bit stunned that this idea appears to be working at Baltimore Airport. You’d suppose that this might be most profitable at a significant worldwide hub, although admittedly that’s additionally the place area is often the toughest to return by:
- There aren’t many transit passengers with lengthy connections in Baltimore; many individuals do join on Southwest, however the airline is thought for its closely banked schedule and brief layovers
- I can’t think about arriving early with a purpose to train on the airport, somewhat than utilizing the health services at a lodge, or on the gymnasium one frequently makes use of; I suppose when you’ve got a night flight and you need to take a look at of your lodge, perhaps this is sensible
- I can see this being in style with airline workers, who typically have lengthy layovers, and/or is likely to be on reserve and simply hanging out on the airport
I can also’t assist however marvel what the capability of this gymnasium is, realistically talking. It appears to be like like at most two individuals might comfortably do weights, and then you definately even have just a few cardio machines. Then there’s a stretching and yoga space. It appears to me just like the income potential right here is pretty restricted in comparison with different airport enterprise ideas, although I’m at all times blissful to see entrepreneurs making an attempt one thing totally different.
ROAM Health is the one airport gymnasium idea in the USA, and it’s thrilling to see that this has now joined Precedence Go. Thus far there’s just one location in Baltimore, although it’s anticipated that one other one will open in Philadelphia within the close to future.
When you’re passing via Baltimore and wish to do one thing more healthy than nibbling on packaged snacks and cheese cubes in a lounge, this can be a nice different. Heck, this might even be helpful in the event you’re simply on the lookout for a bathe.
What do you make of the idea of airport gyms?